I just wanted to start off again by saying this shouldn’t have taken as long as it did but it wasn’t of the highest priority over the past three years. Not that I didn’t want to get it done but when owning a house that needs fixing up, you have to tackle things one at a time, which normally means 10 projects going at the same time.
If you have never done any projects like this before it is defiantly a learning experience and I am not sure if I would have been able to do it with out the help of the internet (YouTube specifically). In fact come to think of it there is so much information/tutorials out on the internet it is surprising what you could probably put together with out really starting with much knowledge of a process.
I think the biggest thing I learned through the process is that when you are trying to remake something you always run into 100 more unforeseen problems. One of the biggest scratch your head moments was when I was ready to put the Sheetrock back up and on the vanity side a pipe was sitting farther out than the studs. I have no idea how that was even possible since I didn’t replace or move that pipe or the studs. Needless to say I had to run to my local Home Depot and get the thinnest boards I could find in order to space the Sheetrock out another 1/8 of an inch. However, there were other issues I ran into as well, which required me to rerun all the electrical in the room causing some delay once I knocked down the ceiling, or replace a rotten floorboard (wonder if the floor or shower leaked for the previous owners).
Overall, I actually do enjoy working on projects like this and seeing everything come together in the end. Additionally, I am frugal with my money when it comes to things “I could do” or as my wife puts it things “I think I can do.”